LSTC construction technology has many advantages. LSTC are fast-moving frame buildings built from high-strength steel up to 3 mm thick with a galvanized coating to protect against rust. LSTC is an acronym for "light steel thin-walled structures," but this technology is usually referred to simply as "metal construction." We will try to characterize the principles of construction from LSTC, comparable to LMC, let's consider the stage of installation. However, we note such an important point that after all we specialize in metal processing, not construction, and the full amount of knowledge in one article simply physically will not be able to provide. If you want to study the subject in more detail, it is worth visiting specialized authoritative resources, from Russian sources we can unfortunately name only one site – https://www.stahl-berg.ru/.
History of the appearance
The technology of LSTC was built in Canada in the 1950s. Back then, there was a problem with the shortage of housing for the middle class, complicated by natural conditions similar to the Russian ones, and technologists and engineers were looking for a way out. And so were invented LSTC.
The availability of building materials (steel), the variety of architectural forms, low price and some other factors made LSTK a popular technology, which very soon began to be used for the construction of not only and not so much residential buildings – the main area of application was the construction of industrial and industrial buildings.
In fact, LSTC is analogous to the frame construction of wood, but it has a number of advantages that metal has in relation to wood – durability, strength, lightness; you don't have to cut down trees. Since the middle of the last century, the spread of LSTC has been going seven-mile steps, now houses, warehouses and hangars from LSTC are being built throughout America, Europe, Asia, and of course in Russia.
The main element for construction is the profile of LSTC, it can be of several varieties (z-, C- and P-shaped). It is made of particularly strong steel up to 3 mm thick. Automated metal lines are made by conventional ("cold") profiles and with perforated thermoproceses ("thermoprofile").
Any profile has the correct geometric shape, markings and holes for installation of the design.
Connective (fastening) elements can be:
- steel bolts,
- the punch,
LSTC's production line includes:
- roll steel,
- the bend machine,
- scissors that form the length of the segment,
- The receiver,
- control system.
The entire production line is automated. Profiles are issued strictly in accordance with the design documentation.
The pros and cons of LSTK
- Cost. Construction from LSTC is much cheaper than conventional concrete structures. Often the savings are 25-35% of the total amount.
- Longevity and reliability. The buildings from LSTC are comfortable for people to live in and absolutely safe. The average lifespan is 65 to 80 years.
- The speed of construction. Installation of a medium-sized house (up to 200 m2) or hangar (up to 500 m2) takes no more than 1.5-2 months.
- Light foundation. To build a building from LSTC, you can use the foundation of small and medium deeping, as hangars, houses and any other buildings do not give shrinkage on the foundation.
- Construction is possible under any conditions. There is no need to wait for dry and warm climatic conditions, the installation of LSTC is possible even in cold and rainy weather conditions, as the profile does not rust and is not subject to temperature changes.
- Seismic resistance. In Japan, where earthquakes with low amplitude fluctuate occur almost every day, LSTC is common due to good seismic stability indicators.
- High rates of heat saving.
- The ease of installation of buildings. A brigade of 4 people is enough to build a medium or small building.
- Quality. Plants producing LSTC are equipped with modern equipment of leading manufacturers.
- The discrepancy of part of the manufactured kits SNIPs and GOSTs, which is only in Russia because of the greed and negligence of some manufacturers (let's say that not all domestic manufacturers are such, and in our country is also produced a lot of materials of excellent quality).
- There is no clear regulation of the construction of such structures in Russia.
- Currently, there is a shortage of qualified designers and specialists.
Important! To be sure that the design is reliable, we recommend ordering the production of LSTC steel according to the European standard DIN, as the requirements of Western countries for building materials are more stringent.
However, as we can see, the pros outweigh the disadvantages, and the latter, as we hope, will eventually be leveled. Most of LSTC's "flaws" are unsubstantiated myths!
- Ordering the project.
- Preparing the foundation.
- Making metal structures.
- Transporting the kit to the installation site.
- Assembly work.
- Putting the building into operation.
LSTC technology is a great opportunity to mount a building in a short time, with good money savings starting with zero cycle works. LSTK technology is almost 70 years old and it has proven itself in many parts of the world. The meticulous selection of the contractor and the manufacturer will help the customer avoid all trouble.